Spring naar bijdragen

Start van big yeller

aw12345

• 2 weeks later...

Today's little bit of rain could not dampen my spirits, so of to tinkerland I went.

Started on finishing my rocksliders, the edges underneath needed to be tied to the tub. I also started to contemplate how to make a frame tie in for the A pillar of the cage, that is tucked up high and out of the way. Yesterday I mounted front tow hooks and welded the tabs for the steering ram in place, so that has a nice home also.

big-yeller-2183.jpg

big-yeller-2184.jpg

This one is to dark but Y'all get the idea.

big-yeller-2185.jpg

Oh yeah looks like my Atlas is trying to play hide and seek

big-yeller-2186.jpg

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

I guess today's post should be called the downs and ups of a Jeeper lol

I had bought a York compressor a while back for my toy and when I tried to run it, the cycling clutch ended up having a short in it.

Was a real downer, so today I decided to tackle that bit, went to the best stocked AC place in town and talked to the parts guy, long story short no part to be had and a complete clutch assembly would run about 350 bucks if I would even be able to find one.

Talk about a major damper of my good spirits, so when I left I spied another kinda run down looking AC place a little way down the street and on a whim decided to see if they had something that would work. So after about 10 minutes of searching for the owner he showed me a cabinet with a whole bunch of compressor clutches and coils, after some digging in the parts pile I found an exact match and walked out of the place 4 dollars poorer and a heck of a lot happier. Once home and the whole shebang put back together it works like a charm, makes a ton of air in a heart beat and no airleaks in the whole setup that I had cooked up. So all in all it ended up being a pretty darn good day

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Had to have a little bit of fun today and also started the wiring for the compressor and lockers. For the York I mostly used and adapted the factory AC wiring. Also hooked the power leads for the winch up. Next is finishing the wiring and switches and secure some of the wiring under the hood. I am pretty happy with how the gearing is working out it climbed on top of the tire with barely any throttle, it basically walked right up.

big-yeller-004422.jpg

big-yeller-005.jpg

big-yeller-008428.jpg

big-yeller-010.jpg

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

So after about 10 minutes of searching for the owner he showed me a cabinet with a whole bunch of compressor clutches and coils, after some digging in the parts pile I found an exact match and walked out of the place 4 dollars poorer and a heck of a lot happier.

Every once in a while it's nice to have some good luck.

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Spend all afternoon tightening various bolts and nuts, to get it ready for a shakedown run. Drove it for the first time around town tonight, drives good.

Got to love those big Pitbull tires, no balance weights, on beadlocks and no vibration what so ever up to about 60 mph, steers good rides very nice tires are quieter than the exhaust so all in all pretty happy.

Will see if I can make it to a trail tomorrow

big-yeller-2228.jpg

big-yeller-2227.jpg

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Took my toy for it's first shakedown run, wheeled like charm

Had a blast, other than the powersteering pulley being out of alignment and peeling a bit of the belt of, it worked like a charm. we had a ball blasting through the trail, got to love them big tires in the dirt.

Could use an afterburner on the street, but the gearing for the trails is just about perfect

art-s_beast_003.jpg

art-s_beast_004.jpg

art-s_beast_005.jpg

art-s_beast_006.jpg

art-s_beast_007-1-.jpg

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Nikonsed bedankt, Otto here goes,Screwed with a bunch of little stuff today and then started messing with a friend's CJ7

after looking how the tailgate is rigged up on those darlings I might just copy that setup. Simple to make and will give better access to the back when I cover all that stuff up with some aluminum diamond plate. Other than that I am going to drive it to work for the week, look for a trailer to haul it around, then run some other local trails. Then when everything is to my liking and I am sure it's reliable it's time for the tough stuff

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites