Spring naar bijdragen

Start van big yeller

aw12345

Ik heb de hoofd rem cylinder van een full size Dodge truck gebruikt. Ik heb eenje voor een 94 gebruikt heeft nieuwe rem leidingen nodig en de gaten in the bevestigings oren moeten iet naar binnen. een latere hoofd remcyclinder 98 99 heeft alleen een langere pen in de rem booster nodig.

Grote O ring om de achter kant en hij is mooi vacuum dicht.

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Ik denk dat het enige voordeel is dat het beter past op een latere Jeep. De hoofd reden voor de swap is dat beide master cylinders meer volume verplaatsen, buiten dat is wat het gemakkelijks is om er op te zetten. Deze had 2 adaprwes en 2 korte rem leidingen en een O ring nodig om het te laten werken. De latere Dodge rem cylinder past er direct op, de rem leidingen passen, alles wat nodig is , is de pen in de booster langer maken. Voor de time being blijven er acher trommel remmen op, zal ik vermoedelijk volgend jaar tot rem schijven om bouwen.

big-yeller-195.jpg

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Got a bit more done, cage has some paint on it. I am a lousy painter though.

Some stuff under the hood got a home, mounted the vapor cannister and pump.

Found a piece of metal that will work sweet for the fuel filler neck.

Cut the skin of an old tail gate makes for a very light tailgate replacement

big-yeller-2029.jpg

big-yeller-2032.jpg

big-yeller-2033.jpg

bewerkt door aw12345
Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Started on the rear axle gears yesterday, will have to run out to Unitrax in Anaheim for a crush sleeve and some seals today.

Bearings are all good and came of without problems. Should have the rear axle done tomorrow. I was worried about the gearing since the axle was marked 4.56 and the gearing was way to tall, turns out it has 3.73 gears in it. makes me feel better about running 5.38's

big-yeller-2036.jpg

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Got the gears and the ARB installed in the rear axle. All in all worked out well 2 tries and it was all happy. Then on to the crush sleeve which left me just about crushed. The darn thing did not want to crush with a 3/4" impact gun and that thing puts out close to 1100 ft/lbs.

So a 6ft cheater pipe and a lot of moaning and groaning got that done. Drilled and tapped the hole for the air tube and got her all buttoned up for the day. Next week gears and locker in the front axle.

big-yeller-2045.jpg

Oh yeah in the mean time put some christmas lights up

big-yeller-2037.jpg

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Fixed the rear brakes today, amazing the difference a pair wheel cylinders make.

Also 5.38 gears and a 5 to 1 transfercase make a decent crawl ratio, works a lot better than the 3.73 gears that were in the rear axle. Tomorrow I will start on the gears and locker in the front axle, pfft there is light at the end of the tunnel and some fine rocks in the near future

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

He Aart,

lekker bezig man!

ik zie dat je de 14bolt op straat ge-geared hebt, je hebt toch wel een spreader gebruikt?

siert.

Als je gaat proefrijden, rijd ik graag mee.....

14 bolt dif heeft schroef aqdjusters, dus geen spreader nodig, voor de Dana diffs heb ik een spreader. 5.38 gears is de grootste overbrenging die je voor een 14 bolt en Dana 60 HP kan krijgen

bewerkt door aw12345
Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites