Spring naar bijdragen

Start van big yeller

aw12345

As I said before, for some redneck tinkering this seems to work pretty well. The rear yoke stays pretty well pointed at the transfercase yoke, next to no rear steer at full flex and best of all with the uppers set flat at ride height they still do not touch the lowers at full flex.

From the look of things I can adjust it from neutral/ very little squat to somewhere in the antisquat department. Very curious how that all works out.

Started measuring for my rear coilover mounts and will go by some steel for it tomorrow.

Since I need to do some work on rear crossmembers I might just stick a rear winch in there also looks like I can stick it under the floor without any clearance issues.

big-yeller-144.jpg

big-yeller-145.jpg

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Fotos komen als er meer gedaan is, me vakantie week is over dus het gaat nu wat langzamer. Nu de achter coilovers plaatsen dan allles aflassen dan voor en achter ARB's en gears. De 35 spline steekassen er in. Aandrijfassen laten maken en een rol kooi er in en dan een shakedown run hier.

Vanaf de eerste keer dat ik dit obstakel zag, heb ik dit willen beklimmen

Johnson-valley-fun-050.jpg

Dit is een betere shot van hoe stijl het is

King-of-the-Hammers-08928.jpg

Hey Aart , dat is toch Backdoor? dat ding is zo heftig dat ze hem bij de King alleen maar naar beneden rijden!

In maart mocht ik meerijden [gelukkig] in de enige van de Buggy's die hem omhoog haalde.

siert.

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

• 3 weeks later...

Ben met de achter vering bezig, dit forum has been out of commision for over a week, missed you guys!

http://hotimg23.fotki.com/a/76_172/88_38/big-yeller-146.jpg

http://hotimg23.fotki.com/a/76_172/88_38/big-yeller-147.jpg

http://hotimg23.fotki.com/a/76_172/88_38/big-yeller-148.jpg

http://hotimg23.fotki.com/a/76_172/88_38/big-yeller-149.jpg

http://hotimg23.fotki.com/a/76_172/88_38/big-yeller-150.jpg

Boris, het komende jaar zouden we did eens beter moeten plannen.

Zou leuk zijn om jullie te zien en eens samen rond te darren op wat rotsen, niet zo veel prut hier aan de west kant van de states.

In iedergeval heb geen vakantie tot de laatste week van October en mijn vrije dagen zijn up bummer!

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

He Aart, we zijn weer terug...

Die Backdoor haalde de tube-buggy ook alleen maar nadat hij eerst een paar minuten met alleen voorwielaandrijving wat rubber had neergelegd....

met crawlers van competitie-rubber..... weet je wat die dingen kosten!

Maar goed, de JK op 40ers van Tera is ook naar boven gereden hoorde ik, dus er is hoop voor je. succes!

Wat anders, de planning is voor maart weer Johnson Valley, dan gaan we elkaar vast treffen!

siert.

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Picked up a new set of springs for my toy, so now it sits where I want it to. Looks like it will flex close to 4 feet, at 3 feet with one rear bumpstop touching there is travel left on all 3 corners. The cherry picker could go higher since it hit the garage door. As it sits it has about 350 pounds of weight behind the seats, that should pretty much copy a full tank of gas, gear and an as of yet to be built rear bumper.

For reference I am 6'4" tall

lil-yeller-001.jpg

lil-yeller-005.jpg

lil-yeller-006.jpg

lil-yeller-007.jpg

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

• 2 weeks later...

If it's not to hot this weekend I might just get the whole rear suspension finished. Finished one of the lower control arm mounts yesterday pretty happy with how that came out. Tomorrow the other side then on to welding the control arms and finishing the rear bumpstops. Then the flat skid and moving on to the front

big-yeller-152.jpg

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

• 1 month later...

Finished welding the front suspension up and rolled it outside today to entertain my self a bit.

The rear bumpstops are where they need to be and figured out where the front bumps need to go.

Measured the limit straps so now on to9 mounting a York on my beastie and tomorrow starting on the roll cage.

big-yeller-163.jpg

big-yeller-165.jpg

big-yeller-169.jpg

big-yeller-167.jpg

big-yeller-172.jpg

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Finished welding the front suspension up and rolled it outside today to entertain my self a bit.

The rear bumpstops are where they need to be and figured out where the front bumps need to go.

Measured the limit straps so now on to9 mounting a York on my beastie and tomorrow starting on the roll cage.

big-yeller-163.jpg

big-yeller-165.jpg

big-yeller-169.jpg

big-yeller-167.jpg

big-yeller-172.jpg

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Een vraag over je dubbele handrem, heb je links en rechts op de achteras gescheiden of voor en achteras?

De cutting brake is voor de achter remmen IE links en rechts, met een Atlas can je een front wheel dig doen en dit help het nog meer door 1 achter wiel te blokkeren. Is mooi makkelijk in krappe trails als je om een rots blok pivoten moet. Zou ook kunnen helpen bij een stijle heavel beklimming is wat ik vroeger met mijn quad dee wat de achter rem in houden om het achter over slaan tegen te houden. Kan bijde achter wielen ook blokeren met een line lock, die ga ik als parkeer rem gebruiken.

bewerkt door aw12345
Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Made a start on the rear part of the cage, is not coming out to bad for the first time bending anything, still will have a buddy from work bend me the A pillars, those are a bit more complicated. Made the B pillar 2" taller then stock so I have some head room, it will never sport a factory top anyway. The back end needs some more tube, but is coming along just fine. So the cage might actually get close to completion this weekend.

big-yeller-178.jpg

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Messed some more with the brakes today and I am happy with them. Changed the master cylinder to something else since the stock one would not give me a hard pedal, seemed like it did not displace enough fluid for the 1 ton calipers. The brakes will lock the big tires with ease at 30 mph so that's good. When I do the gears and locker in the rear axle will take a look at the rear drum brakes, they do not seem to be doing a whole lot, might just stick wheel cylinders of a dually on there. Anybody know if there is any advantage to gutting the proportioning valve to get some more pressure to the rear?

big-yeller-188.jpg

big-yeller-189.jpg

Added a few tubes to the cage

big-yeller-193.jpg

bewerkt door aw12345
Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites