Spring naar bijdragen

Start van big yeller

aw12345

Today, I felt like taking it easy so messed with the atlas for a bit got the floor cut to clock it where I want it and got the shifters in. So in the next couple pf weeks it's on to the transmission cross member and the crossmember for the rear 4 link

Here is today's cutting project

big-yeller-111.jpg

big-yeller-112.jpg

big-yeller-114.jpg

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Got the tranny mount and crossmember all roughed out, should be able to finish that part by the beginning of next week. Right now it sits with the weight of the engine,trans and transfercase on the mounts. Little tight on clearance, but once the engine gets lifted a little and maybe a bit more trimming it will clear the bellypan just fine.

big-yeller-118.jpg

big-yeller-119.jpg

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Got some more done today, so tomorrow I can start playing with something that will eventually turn out to be a rear suspension. The plan is to make the brackets, links and truss first and then I can see what I want to do with the rear frame and where I am going to stuff the coilovers

big-yeller-120.jpg

big-yeller-121.jpg

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Well happily tinkering along, will see if I can build a truss/ upper mount for the axle, once that is there the real fun will begin lol getting technical with a calculator and cut the floor up some to get the upper frame mounts situated

big-yeller-130.jpg

big-yeller-128.jpg

big-yeller-129.jpg

bewerkt door aw12345
Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Fotos komen als er meer gedaan is, me vakantie week is over dus het gaat nu wat langzamer. Nu de achter coilovers plaatsen dan allles aflassen dan voor en achter ARB's en gears. De 35 spline steekassen er in. Aandrijfassen laten maken en een rol kooi er in en dan een shakedown run hier.

Vanaf de eerste keer dat ik dit obstakel zag, heb ik dit willen beklimmen

Johnson-valley-fun-050.jpg

Dit is een betere shot van hoe stijl het is

King-of-the-Hammers-08928.jpg

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Nah het is een Jeep die als doel heeft alle Hammer trails en het betere werk in Moab zoals Mickeys hot tub, de escalator en Heldorado en niet te vergeten Pritchet canyon. Ook Arizona en New Mexico hebben wat extreme trails.

Me kleine Jeepie kan de meeste Hammer trails doen maar dat levert wat teveel schade op en vind ik zonde, dus een 2 de Jeep die meer daar op gericht is, is een beter idee en dan kan de andere voor de wat gemakkelijkere trails en me dagelijkse woon werkverkeer blijven gebruiken

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Ik heb de Jeep oorsprokelijk als een Horse trade aangeschaft Koste me 1000 dollar voor 2 Jeeps heb daarna een hoop zooi er van verkocht zo de Jeep in effect koste niets buiten een uur of 20 labor. Nu het bouwen is wat prijziger ik denk dat het met alle onderdelen uitkomt op ongeveer 10K voor Atlas 5:1, 14" king coilovers met reservoirs, 39.5 Pitbulls, 79 Ford Dana 60 HP, 14 bolt chevy achteras, 2 ARB lockers, 5.38 gears, trailready beadlocks, 9000 lbs warn winch

York ac compressor en eeh hele partij staal en mig gas en welding wire:lol:

Ik hoop de Jeep street legal te maken. Wanna hear the Pitbulls growl on the street atleas a few times lol. Check these pitbulls out

bewerkt door aw12345
Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites