Spring naar bijdragen

Start van big yeller

aw12345

This much needed rain is driving me stir crazy, makes it a pain to work outside.

Finally made some room in the garage and pulled the nose of my toy in so I could make some head way on the onboard air.

After some more scrounging for fittings it actually fits quite nicely. If I am lucky and find a bit of dry weather I might just cook up some mounts for the air tank and run the rest of the airlines. Also found an airfilter that will work for what I want.

big-yeller-2058.jpg

big-yeller-2059.jpg

big-yeller-2060.jpg

big-yeller-2061.jpg

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

After the Christmas break I am going hard at it again, just came back from the steelyard for some goodies.

This is the route I am going for sliders, once the rest of the body mounts are raised it will fit quite nicely, not weigh a ton and be pretty darn strong and nice and smooth underneath

big-yeller-2063.jpg

big-yeller-2064.jpg

Well of to fire up the plasma cutter and whip this into shape

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

almost got everything done, that I planned on doing to my toy this weekend.

Got the body mounts on the driver side raised up the bottom plate for the slider cut and tacked in place. Also started on the winch plate.

Once those 2 projects are done, it's time to mess with the steering some more.

It works as it is, but after seeing a friend bending 2 steering rams it seems a good idea to try and raise the tierod as high as I can get it.

big-yeller-2082.jpg

big-yeller-2081.jpg

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Is een mid arm, lange armen blijven op de rotsen steken, de lowers zijn 30" lang vergeleken met de stock 16" short arms is dat redelijk lang

is die 30" gemeten vanaf het center van de joints, of is dat de lengte van de buis?

ben zelf ook een 4 link aan het maken bij een andere jeep, en dan is dit soort topics wel handig :)

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

is die 30" gemeten vanaf het center van de joints, of is dat de lengte van de buis?

ben zelf ook een 4 link aan het maken bij een andere jeep, en dan is dit soort topics wel handig :)

Als ik het goed heb voor lowers 30" eye to eye, upper 29" eye to eye.

Ik denk dat de achter lower arms iets in de richting van 34" zijn en de upper arms 32"

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Blijft hoogst waarschijnlijk deze kleur, zo niet dan geel zoals mijn andere Jeep.

De spatborden krijgen een aliminium skin aan de zijkant, zie geen reden voor binnen spatborden, Jeep is pretty much voor rock krawling only.

Er is hier alleen modder en sneeuw in de winter te vinden.

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Wel vandaag S'ochtends in de modder en sneeuw wezen spelen en later in de middag het grootste gedeelte van de uitlaat gemaakt en onder de Jeep gelast.

Well today was Jonah's first day on a trail with mud and snow to boot, had a great time managed to get stuck and used my winch, thanks Chuck for letting me use you as an anchor. It was muddy slippery and simply an absolutely gorgeous day. I left around 2 PM to work some more on my other Jeep and that sports now most of it's exhaust. So all in all a wonderful day.

big-yeller-2094.jpg

big-yeller-2095.jpg

big-yeller-2098.jpg

big-yeller-2099.jpg

big-yeller-2100.jpg

big-yeller-2106.jpg

big-yeller-2109.jpg

jonah.jpg

Well after the wheelin fun this morning I still managed to get some work done on my other toy. Finished the turn signals and tail lights. Afterthat i pieced and welded alsmost the whole exhaust under the Jeep.

Looks like it's going to life without a muffler, drove it down the street at 35mph on the speedo and it is not to loud so I am pretty sure that is how it's going to roll.

big-yeller-2111.jpg

big-yeller-2112.jpg

big-yeller-2114.jpg

big-yeller-2113.jpg

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Yesterday, I mounted the airtank in the back.

Today started messing with limit straps for the front suspension and found a pressure switch for the compressor.

As shown in the pics there is still a foot of travel left in the suspension.

big-yeller-2117.jpg

big-yeller-2118.jpg

Tomorrow I will take a stab at the rear limit straps and front bump stops

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

• 2 weeks later...