Spring naar bijdragen

Start van big yeller

aw12345

Liking the idea but needed a bit more work so here is a somewhat more expanded experimental version.

Got another camera, got it for free because the connector was f'd up. Placed a E bay bit on a somewhat larger monitor so I can see a bit better.

First one is the view through the wind shield. Second one is the camera view complement it nicely.

First set off arrows is about 6" or so in front of the tires and the second set of arrows is about a foot and a half in front of the tires.

Should work nicely to give me a better picture of where the shoes ought to go.

tinkertoy-3.jpg

tinkertoy-4.jpg

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Finished my camera project the thing doesn't particularly sit where I wanted it but this spot gives me a good view and puts both front tires in the bottom corners of the screen. That should make judging where the tires ought to go fairly simple.

Will head out to Calico this Monday or Tuesday to see how well it works

tinkertoy-005.jpg

tinkertoy-006.jpg

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

• 2 weeks later...

Needed to do a quick check to get the left tires near full stuff to check the steering and make sure the heim joints on the draglink were turned so they would not jam. While doing that figured might as well drive over it. Steering version 3.0 looks good now if the damned thing doesn't leak anymore I would really be happy.

It's ready for the trailer:D and the Hammers tomorrow.

tinkertoy-010.jpg

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

• 2 weeks later...

Zal van het weekeinde eens proberen om nog wat meer trackie uit mijn acterwiel ophanging te krijgen

Did some more playing with the 4 link calc, always looking to squeeze more out of what I got. Kinda like this. Will be a bit of work to lower the frame side lower mounts. If I lower the lower arm bolt holes on the frame side 1" it does make a lot of things look nicer.

links-vi.jpg

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

• 2 weeks later...

Did some more playing with the 4 link calc, always looking to squeeze more out of what I got. Kinda like this. Will be a bit of work to lower the frame side lower mounts. If I lower the lower arm bolt holes on the frame side 1" it does make a lot of things look nicer.

link3-vi.jpg

Crawled under there did some measuring and this is what I am going with. Moved the upper arms down, the lower pivot point is going to be 1/2" further back and that is it.

link2-vi.jpg

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Freddy and me as happy tinkerers must be doing something right. Looking at the video of this full on competition buggy trying to get through resolution, and all the trouble it is giving him. All I can say we had an easier time getting through it. Video does show how steep this trail is though.

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...