Mav

• Reacties 585
  • Created
  • Laatste reactie

Top Posters In This Topic

03_dec.jpg

03_dec2.jpg

:thumbsup:

Blaine Hoffman, from the Great White North of Lumby, BC, writes, "The first snowfall in the mountains near Lumby, BC, had me chomping at the bit to get into the mountains and try out my new lockers. Little did I know that in a brief moment of poor judgment my Jeep would be laying on its side at the bottom of a (thank God) shallow lake. We never did find snow deep enough to challenge the Jeep, but on the way back after driving over several small ponds which were frozen solid, and after watching a buddy crack a nut on the edge of the lake, I couldn't resist! The temptation to see how lockers would work took over ! After testing the edge where I knew it was shallow and the ice was solid, I gave it some gas in an attempt to spin the Jeep around so I was facing along the edge of the lake. Instead of spinning around, I drifted straight out thanks to the front locker. I stopped the Jeep and let my passenger out in a moment of terror as we heard the ice cracking. After my passenger was out and I tried making it back to shore - and the ice slowly broke through. I managed to climb out as my 4x4 sank only getting my feet wet! After I calmed down, we decided to leave it 'till morning and come back with reinforcements

Thankfully many friends came to the rescue; in particular a friend with a one-ton Ford and a 9,000 lb winch. It took a couple of snatch blocks and it was enough to bend his bumper. There was also lots of chain saw work to be done on the ice to free us. After about four hours we had it out and pulled it home. If it had been out there one more night it would have really froze in as the temp dropped to -15° Fahrenheit." :whistle:

May I ask you something. A girl friend of my is writting a book about cars. Would you be so kind to mail above pictures to me if she may use those photos in for her book? yvonne@petfoodpartners.nl. Many thanks

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

En jij denkt, Yvonne, dat de oorspronkelijke poster dit leest??? :thumbsup:

Misschien dat Nick een linkje voor je heeft naar het originele stukje... :whistle:

is al geregeld. :whistle: alleen de eigenaar van die foto's zijn e-mailadres nog proberen te achterhalen. :whistle:

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

neem contact op met truckworld Het was stuck of the month in 2003

http://www.truckworld.com/Stuck-Of-The-Mon...rucks-2003.html

plaatjes hebben hier al eerder gestaan.

Hier een slideshow van de laatste stuck of the month plaatjes

stuck of the month

en nog een paar

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Gast
Deze discussie is nu afgesloten voor verdere antwoorden.

• Nieuwe aanmaken...