Spring naar bijdragen

Start van big yeller

aw12345

Using my tire carrier as a bumper doesn't seem to be an entirely good idea. Was having a hard time getting the latch pin in. Resolved that today and had a bit of fun welding. The idea is that it might make almost a usable rear stinger. The way things go, put put Jeep aka mountain goat keeps climbing steeper stuff. Eventually that will lead to trouble :D

Oh well I liked how this weld looks. Welded as you see it.

weld.jpg

Anyway, my lil project for the day is whipped back in shape

weld001.jpg

Don't think aluminum rings would have been happy on my rims.

These steel ones look worse for wear after just 2 outings

weld002.jpg

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Started giving my lil darling a lil more love, the rear anti rock brackets were bending on the axle and the last outing one of the nuts for the heim on the AR arm side caught under the frame so that is going to be addressed as well.

P1010001.jpg

P1010002.jpg

Moving right along.

P1010001-1.jpg

P1010002-1.jpg

ne side done, better angle of the arm and rod and seriously doubt this will bend.

antirock3.jpg

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is something for the high diff clearance crowd, which axle is under which Jeep and what has more clearance.

Did some measuring today and thought this was interesting

35" tires versus 37" tires, all at 30 psi. Stock axles versus versus D60 HP and 14 bolt. Which is which? Where is the diff clearance advantage?

bigaxle001.jpg

bigaxle002.jpg

bigaxle003.jpg

bigaxle004.jpg

Y'all tell me where the big advantage of weaker axles with less gearing choices is?

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

if you want to win more clearance, try the tunnelaxles, like the ones from unimog
Unimog portals are a terrible choice. diffhousing is to big, up to high ,makes for a way to tall Jeep with almost no uptravel in the suspension. What it showes is that there is no more than 1/4" difference between the 14 bolt with 37" tires and a Dana 44 with 35" tires

Dana 30 with 35" tires and Dana 60 with 37" tires same diff clearance.

The bottom of the 14 bolt has been shaved a bit, do not care for the shave kits, takes to much strength out of the housing. Michel for mudding just roll some 40's or 43's under there, you got more than enough power for some serious mud dogging/ bogging

bewerkt door aw12345
Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Unimog portals are a terrible choice. diffhousing is to big, up to high ,makes for a way to tall Jeep with almost no uptravel in the suspension. What it showes is that there is no more than 1/4" difference between the 14 bolt with 37" tires and a Dana 44 with 35" tires

Dana 30 with 35" tires and Dana 60 with 37" tires same diff clearance.

The bottom of the 14 bolt has been shaved a bit, do not care for the shave kits, takes to much strength out of the housing. Michel for mudding just roll some 40's or 43's under there, you got more than enough power for some serious mud dogging/ bogging

an other portal could be volvo or the atomic axles

bewerkt door just-a-jeeper
Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

De dingen die je met een brood mes doen kan

Have been wanting to fix up my lil yellow Jeep for a while now.

Since the windshield is cracked and the frame is the wrong color, that was a good starting point.

Dug out my trusty bread knife and went to town, didn't even add another crack to the glass.

Took about 30-40 mins of elbow grease to get that critter cut out

windshield001.jpg

On to welding some small holes in the frame shut, add bondo and then give er some pretty yeller paint

Good thing windshields are cheap both my Jeep wanted new glasses

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites