Spring naar bijdragen

Start van big yeller

aw12345

Well since yesterday's little wheelin outing, I think it's becoming time to fudge with the rear suspension of my little yellow darling a bit. I always hated the wheel hopping on the thing and since my other Jeep has none.

I can sit in that one and smoke all four tires as much as I like.

I decided to do some measuring to see what anti squad the suspension has with this Fulltraction short arm trilink, pretty horrid as it sits it has like 200% anti squad. Just moving some stuff around will get me somewhere between 70 to 95%. Since my other Jeep is at 100% and climbs stuff really well, I will probably try to go for 95%

This is about what I came up with, going to crawl under sometime soon to see how feasible it is to make it this way.

4linklittleyeller.jpg

What I would really like to do is stretch it a bit in the front, run 12" coilovers and mid arm it. But that will have to wait till after my big toy sports a 5.3 Chevy

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Found me a hunk of steel that would make some nice lower control arm mounts.

However now that the lid is of the worms are starting to crawl out, as you can see when I mount the control arm where I want, the shocks will hang to low, so will have to outboard those. Been meaning to do that for a long time as well as moving the upper spring seats back a tad. Then the front mount point of the tri link wishbone needs to go up about an inch or so, but that may interfere with the fuel lines.

This Jeep stuff is just so much fun.

litttleyeller001.jpg

litttleyeller002.jpg

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

• 2 weeks later...

Loaded the Jeep on the trailer after work and took her to a local trail to do some testing on my 40" sneakers. Overall pretty happy with them.

Tires are holding air (way cool) They work pretty good even at 15 psi. They do spray major gravel and sand, that's kinda sucky.

They stick pretty good raided everything at the Utility tower with ease. Found a few spots do flex er out, needs some work there, rubbing the front fenders a bit, what really needs attention is the rear tires, either need spacers or rims with about 1/2" to 1" backspacing. Other than that it works like a charm. The lil 4 banger crawls good and pulls the big sneakers pretty well in high range.

4 feet undercut pebble pfff walks right over it. So yeah had me some fun.

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

• 4 weeks later...

Found me another project to keep the boredom at bay

2012-05-30184200.jpg

2012-05-30183214-1.jpg

It will not have axles or tires, but for 500 bucks it will make a fun project.

Really do not want to change much on my tinkertoy, it works about as good as it's going to work so no reason to change much on it.

I like how it sits on it's fourties, thinking about eventually rolling the Pitbulls under the buggy thing

DSCF4223.jpg

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

• 4 months later...

Went junkyarding today, found a spare ecm, I'll be damned if I can figure out where the trans ecm is mounted. Second junkyard I went hunting for a taurus fan, none worth a damn to be found, however found a bigger fan from aV8 Thunderbird that fits the TJ rafiator perfectly and it's about as big a fan as you can possibly mount on a TJ radiator.

Pretty happy about the fit

efan003_zps1c60c50c.jpg

efan002_zpse866f4b1.jpg

efan001_zps2394ffa7.jpg

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The plan was to go do some wheeling today, but alas to darn tired and sore.

Opted to sleep for roughly 14 hours, did me a world of good

Still lazy though, so played with my camera a bit.

The ole gurl will win the Ugly Jeep award someday lol

Still I love this Jeep

Here you can see roughly how tall it is, it really has only about 4" of suspension lift, by the way I am 6'4" tall

tinkertoymarch.jpg

Some of it latest beauty marks

tinkertoymarch007.jpg

tinkertoymarch006.jpg

tinkertoymarch005.jpg

Clawing through V notches is fun, good thing the seat bar is there

tinkertoymarch002.jpg

Da bling

tinkertoymarch001.jpg

It's big @ss

tinkertoymarch003.jpg

Ugly Betty? or tank? :rofl: