Spring naar bijdragen

Raad de auto

ariev8

Ik had hem zeker niet herkend, heb het programma maar één keer gezien. Tenenkrommend. En tot slot: aan een 944 kun je toch niet zo heel veel verpesten? :lol:

Tegelijkertijd zou ik mijn collega-deelnemers willen aanmoedigen hun bijdragen meer te kiezen op basis van historische waarde en zich minder te laten leiden door (on)vindbaarheid op google <_<

Ik wil me bij de vorige spreker aansluiten met een extra note;

Alleen auto's plaatsen die ook daadwerkelijk in productie zijn genomen, dus waaar er een flink aantal van zijn gemaakt.

En ik mag dit zeggen omdat ik dit topic heb gestart.:P:P

Wordt het te moeilijk voor de heren?:yes:

Ik heb af en toe meer moeite met de productie autos dan met de proto's/concept of de custom cars.:P

Achje. Tis maar net hoever je kennis gaat. Ook al is deze kennis opgedaan via Google.:D

Ennuh , hoe de titel van deze topic ook als weer?:P

bewerkt door Utah
Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Wordt het te moeilijk voor de heren?<_<

Ik heb af en toe meer moeite met de productie autos dan met de proto's/concept of de custom cars.:lol:

Achje. Tis maar net hoever je kennis gaat. Ook al is deze kennis opgedaan via Google.:yes:

blablablabla.......:P

Praatjes vullen geen gaatjes, noem nou maar gewoon ff merk en type van de huidige raadplaat:whistle:

Ik kom niet verder dan dat de neus een goedkope immitatie is van de 512 BB:unsure:

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Lee Bestul built his removable-top roadster with help from

his dad more than 50 years ago.

After much prodding, that’s about as close as Lee Bestul will come to bragging about “his” car.

No matter how impressed you might be with the car that bears his name, good luck trying to get Bestul to toot his own horn. It simply isn’t happening.

And what is his car, exactly? Well, that takes some explaining. Suffice it to say it’s your basic 1946-57 hand-built, backyard special; a one-of-a-kind, jaw-dropping, head-scratching, low-slung, removable-top roadster that hardly anybody seems to know about;), outside of a few Iola, Wis., locals that have seen the car rolling around town and the surrounding rural roads off and on for the past 50-plus years.

But the rest of the car world will know soon.

It seems impossible that a car so unique could be stored literally yards from the Iola Old Car Show grounds — “Ground Central” of the car hobby in the Midwest, at least for one week each July. And it’s downright preposterous that, despite the fact that he lives literally a few steps from the show gate, Bestul’s stunning one-off has never been on display at the Iola Old Car Show. In fact, it’s never been to a car show of any kind. Period.

But that is about to change this week, as Bestul and his car finally make a long-overdue appearance under the feature tent at one of the country’s largest old car hobby events. It’s a safe bet that Bestul will be one of the busiest fellows at the show — busy trying to explain what his car is all about, how he built it, and why there is only one like it to the crowds that are sure to gather around him.

“He’s too humble. He would never brag about his car,” noted his wife, Joan, who has been Lee’s sidekick since the car was still on the drawing board. “He’s been asked before to be in the show, but he would never do it. He’d always tell them, ‘It’s not ready,’ … or, ‘It’s not done.’”

Instead, Lee happily worked taking tickets at one of the show gates for years. He won’t be at the gate this year, however.

“This will be the year,” Joan said. “This will finally be the year that he gets his due.”

So that brings us back to the question: “What is that thing, anyway?” Lee Bestul has heard that line far too many times to count.

“After it was finished, my brother and I drove it out to California,” he remembers. “And it was hazardous driving freeways around Los Angeles … I’d have a car on either side of me asking me what it is, and what’s under the hood. Mostly, ‘Hey, what have you got under the hood?’ … That was a riot … That was the worst, but the police stopped me a couple of times wondering, ‘What is that thing? …”

Then, there was the time up in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula when Lee and his wife decided to go for a Sunday drive. “I got chewed up royally in Iron Mountain,” he recalls with a groan. “We were on a trip up there and we stopped for a noon lunch, and they had had the Ford plant for making station wagon bodies, but they had closed the plant up — they said it was due to foreign competition … We come out of the restaurant and there were three women and they latched onto me: ‘You’re driving one of those foreign cars that put us out of business!’”

He never got much of a chance to tell them he built the car with his own hands, and some help from his dad, in a Wisconsin shed way back in the 1950s. “They weren’t about to listen to anything about that,” he adds with a chuckle.

So why did Bestul build his own car from scratch, spending probably thousands of hours and enduring more fits, starts and aggravation than even the most hard-core car nut could be expected to put up with? Well, because he could. Or, at least, because nobody told him he couldn’t.

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Ik dacht wel dat je deze wel zou waarderen;)

Next!

Absoluut! Een echte klassieker.

Wat vinden we van deze. Joost en Utah vallen in het nieuw ingestelde handicapsysteem: ze mogen pas meedoen wanneer er minstens twee anderen hebben gereageerd of bij eventueel gebrek daaraan nà vanavond 20.00 uur :(

[ATTACH]6230[/ATTACH]

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites