Spring naar bijdragen

Laatste Dag Van Het Jaar Hammer Trip

aw12345

Curtis had so much fun at the Hammer on Monday, that he wanted a redo and a redo it was. In a day or two his sphincter will loosen up enough for a good bathroom break:D

Anyway the day started with Jack, Hundy and Fred wanted to show off, which didn't work out so good for Hundy 1 broken driveshaft ended that happiness, right at the gatekeeper. The rest of us motored on had a kick a rock or two under Curtis and Oleg's Jeeps other than that it was fairly smooth sailing. Going up the steep climb at the end of Jack Hammer Oleg had a heck of a time climbing the hill, so us old folks had to clamber down the hill to spot him past that spot.

From there we ran down Jack North, where according to Oleg, Curtis did a pretty spectacular nose stand. After completing that trail, Fred, Curtis and me ran Boulder Dash which is a fun and very doable trail. After that we decided to knock out Sledge Hammer which turned out to be a lot of Work for all of us to get Curtis through. At the start of the trail he got high centered and things didn't get a whole lot better after that. Still he hung tough and completed the trail wich no more breakage than a door surround and a mirror. His tippy near floop at the first real ledge was about as far as you can lean a TJ before it flops, we ended putting a strap on it to pull the Jeep back down to earth. From there things moved fairly well as long as we lend a hand spotting and rolling a couple of rocks under his tires. To sum it up Sledge Hammer has gotten considerably tougher in the last 6 months or so, seems to me it's a tougher trail than Jack Hammer at this time. Fred and me had a blast and when all was said and done I am pretty sure Curtis had a good day too, he definitely tested the limits of his Jeep today.

Pics here, not many trail pics though, mostly poser stuff

http://public.fotki.com/aw12345/end-of-the-year-ham/

en een paar fotos van gisteren

By the way puttered around Cleghorn yesterday afternoon was fun, met up with 2 friends and tore up the trail here is a poser pic of my put put and my friend's Jeep called OPie, he spend about a year and a half building the Jeep from the ground up, not much stock on it anymore, I guess the hood, the grille and the windshield frame are bone stock and that is about it

Cleghorn-vi.jpg

Cleghorn1-vi.jpg

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites