Spring naar bijdragen

Automaat (Nss) Neutraal Saftey Switch

sickboy

De neutral saftey switch(NSS) is een vrij bekend probleem gebied op Jeep AW4 transmissies. Wanneer u een probleem mee, het manifesteert zich meestal als achteruit verlichting die niet werk( branden), of als een no-start van het motor, omdat de  automaat denkt niet dat de versnellingsbak sit  in het Park stand. Het maken van dingen nog erger is het feit dat de NSS verkoopt in het US voor  $ 200 bij een aantal online sites, en in de $ 400 range als je lokaal koopt. Dat is een belachelijk hoge prijs voor iets dat eigenlijk een rotator arm en een paar koperen contact strips.
Wanneer het  taak is iegelijk om aan te geven wanneer de versnellingsbak in Park, neutraal, of

main-600x400.jpg

The neutral safety switch (NSS) is a fairly well-known problem area on Jeep AW4 transmissions. When you have a problem with it, it usually manifests itself as reverse lights that don't come on, or as a no-start condition because the Jeep doesn't think the transmission is in Park. Making things even worse is the fact that the NSS typically sells for USD$200 at some online sites, and into the $400 range if you buy locally. That's a ridiculously high price for something that is basically a rotator arm and a few copper contact strips. Its job is to indicate when the transmission is in Park, Neutral, or Reverse.Reverse.

Gelukkig is de NSS is heel makkelijk uit elkaar te halen en in elkaar te zetten. Dus laten we zien hoe het moet:

jeep-nss-neutral-safety-switch-1.jpg
The blue square indicates the NSS module.
The green square indicates where one of the zip ties are located. There were three I had to cut.
The red square indicates the retaining bolt that holds the NSS to the transmission.

Het blauwe vierkant geeft aan de NSS-module.
De groene vierkant geeft aan waar een van de kabelbinders zijn gevestigd. Er waren drie Ik moest snijden.
Het rode vierkant geeft de bevestigingsbout dat de NSS om de transmissie houdt.

jeep-nss-neutral-safety-switch-3.jpg
The first step is to disconnect the NSS harness. Its connector is located near the transmission dip stick.

De eerste stap is de NSS harnas los te maken. De connector is gelegen nabij de transmissie peilstok.

jeep-nss-neutral-safety-switch-4.jpg
To make it easier to route the harness during re-installation, I tied a string to the connector before pulling it down. As it turned out, the string wasn't needed. For whatever reason, Chrysler chose a very weird route for the harness. When I re-installed, I ran the harness around the outside of the dip stick tube, rather than trying to run it between the tube and firewall as it was originally done. This was far easier and made more sense to me.

Om het gemakkelijker om de route van het harnas tijdens de her-installatie te maken, ik had een touwtje om de connector voor hem omlaag te trekken. Zoals later bleek, was de touwtje niet nodig. Om wat voor reden, Chrysler koos een heel raar route voor het harnas. Toen ik opnieuw het ge
Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

jeep-nss-neutral-safety-switch-12.jpg
With the module removed, I then pulled the harness all the way out. Of course, the string came along with it. But like I said before, it turned out that I didn't need the string after all.

Met de module verwijderd, dan trok ik het harnas helemaal uit. Natuurlijk, de touwtje kwam met het. Maar zoals ik al eerder zei, het bleek dat ik de touwtje immers niet nodig had.

jeep-nss-neutral-safety-switch-13.jpg
So this is the little bugger that was stopping my Jeep from starting. Doesn't look like it's worth $200, does it?

Dus dit is de kleine donder dat stopt mijn Jeep van start. lijkt niet het $200 waard te zijn.

jeep-nss-neutral-safety-switch-14.jpg
Here it is with the nut removed (you can see the lock washer more easily, now).

Hier is het ook met de moer verwijderd (u kunt de borgring gemakkelijker zien, nu).

jeep-nss-neutral-safety-switch-15.jpg

And here it is with the rubber washer removed.

En hier is het met de rubberen ring verwijderd.

jeep-nss-neutral-safety-switch-16.jpg
I sprayed it with brake cleaner and scrubbed it with a wire brush. The next step is to remove those six Phillips head screws
Ik had het bespoten met remreiniger en schoon gemakt met een staalborstel. De volgende stap is om die zes kruiskopschroeven te verwijderen.

jeep-nss-neutral-safety-switch-17.jpg
With the screws removed, I very gently pulled apart the case halves. I was concerned about the two spring-loaded contacts shooting out. But the springs were so gummed up with old grease that the contacts didn't move very much at all. Inside I found some old grease and a bit of corrosion. 
The springs and contacts I'm referring to are in the rotating contact arm (red box).

Met de schroeven verwijderd, heb ik voorzichtig het uit elkaar getrokken. Ik was bezorgd over de twee verende contacten dat ze uit zal schieten. Maar de veren waren zo vast met oud vet dat de contacten niet gebeurde.
aan de binnen kant, vond ik een wat oude vet en een beetje corrosie.
De veren en de contacten die ik aanwijs  naar zijn in de roterende contactarm (rode doos).

jeep-nss-neutral-safety-switch-18.jpg
The arm is easy to separate from the case half.

Het arm is gemakkelijk te scheiden van elkaar.

jeep-nss-neutral-safety-switch-19.jpg
I very carefully removed the spring loaded contacts, and then the springs beneath them.

Ik was zeer zorgvuldig van het verwijderd van het verend contacten, en vervolgens de veren onder hen.

jeep-nss-neutral-safety-switch-20.jpg
Here are the two springs and their contacts.

Hier zijn de twee veren en hun contacten.

jeep-nss-neutral-safety-switch-21.jpg
I used more brake cleaner and some scrubbing with my wire brush to clean off all the old grease and other crud. Then I polished the copper contact surfaces with emery cloth and then sprayed them with contact cleaner. 
I smeared a bit of dieletric grease on the slots in the contact arm and inserted the springs.

k gebruikte meer remmenreiniger met mijn een staalborstel schoon te maken. Dan had ik het de koperen contactvlakken met schuurpapier schoon gemarkt  en daarna bespoten hen met contact cleaner.

jeep-nss-neutral-safety-switch-22.jpg
Then I smeared some dielectric grease on both case halves, as well as along the case's sealing groove.

Daarna smeerde ik wat di
Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites